We import Pain Poilâne directly from France. Getting fresh bread from 3,500 miles away can be a tricky process, so our ordering procedure for Pain Poilâne is a bit unique! Please see the FAQ below for important information regarding the Pain Poilane ordering process.
From the producers: "At Poilâne, we use only carefully selected stone-ground local grains, and follow an ancestral slow fermentation technique with our natural sourdough leaven. We take our duties as bakers seriously: each handmade batch showcases our passion for transforming nutrient-rich grains through fermentation, creating healthy breads with unique tastes.
Poilâne’s wheat flour blend is made exclusively from these stone-ground grains. The process of stone-grinding preserves the nutrient-rich wheat germ, and allows for removal of the impurity-susceptible wheat bran. Our wheat flour is also unbleached, retaining more nutrients from the kernels than white flour.
Our breads are created through a slow fermentation technique with our natural sourdough leaven. Fermentation is a phenomenon that naturally occurs after exposing a mixture of quality flour and water to a favorable temperature. The act of initiating and carrying out this process of fermentation is of utmost importance to the baker: it gives life to bread.
A kneading machine is the single mechanical tool used in the creation of our breads. Our bakers perform every other meaningful gesture by hand—shaping, weighing, placing in the oven.
The baking of all Poilâne products takes place in our wood-fired brick ovens. The refractory bricks that make up their interiors allow for a gentle baking of the bread, due in part to the bricks’ high water absorption. Exposing our loaves to this dry cooking environment creates the particular Poilâne crust. The long baking times release the aromas of the flours, leading to the unparalleled tastes of Poilâne breads."
- Your Pain Poilâne questions, answered!
- Where is my order?
- We receive one shipment of Pain Poilâne per week, typically on Wednesday or Thursday. As such, all orders for Pain Poilane placed after 8am Wednesday will be held until the following week’s shipment arrives.
- I ordered cheese with my Poilâne – will that ship with the bread?
- Yes. If you order additional items with your Pain Poilâne, we will hold your entire order until the Poilane arrives. If you would like to receive other goods on your order sooner, you will need to place a second, separate order for them.
- Can you guarantee delivery by a specific date?
- We do not recommend ordering Poilâne if you are under a time crunch! Importing bread from Europe can be unpredictable. Occasionally, circumstances (i.e. strikes, weather, acts of God) will force us to delay Poilane shipments by a week.
- How fresh is the Pain Poilâne?
- As fresh as it can be! Poilâne bakes and ships their bread on the same day. We ship the bread out on the same day that we receive the shipment from France.
- I have more questions!
- Please email us at email@example.com, or reach out through the "Contact Us" page on our website.
No reviews yet.
Click the button below and be the first to review Pain Poilâne Loaf