Please note we require all staff to present proof of vaccination or submit a weekly negative COVID test. Masks are required for all staff at this time.
Cheesemonger - Full or Part-Time
Formaggio Kitchen South End, Boston's best cheese store, is looking for a friendly and enthusiastic full or part time Cheesemonger.
As a member our cheese team you will be asked to:
- Learn our selection of cheeses, meats and dry goods as well as basic cheese and charcuterie making techniques, pasteurization laws, and how to store cheeses.
- Help customers choose the best cheeses for their needs by asking and answering questions, offering samples, and describing our cheeses.
- Accurately cut cheeses and meats to order.
- Care for and neatly wrap our cheeses.
- Package and label products for our reach-in cases.
- Take phone orders including wholesale orders, cheese orders and gift basket orders.
- Work the cash register when needed.
- Help stock products on the floor of the store.
- Help customers with questions about our dry goods on the floor.
- Learn our beer and wine selections, as well as basic knowledge of the styles and production of both.
- Strive to keep the store clean, sanitary and organized.
We offer competitive hourly pay based on experience, benefits, 401k, meals, and a staff discount.
Applicants must be friendly, hard working, and enthusiastic about learning and helping customers. All counter staff is required to work either Saturday or Sunday every week and the majority of shifts available are evening shifts.
Email [email protected] with a current resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to be a part of our team to the email address provided below.
We are looking for a cashier who can work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or two of the three. There is also opportunity for more hours during the weekdays. As a member our team you will be responsible for:
- Accurately ringing up customer orders and bag them.
- Learning about our product selection so as to help answer customer questions.
- Keeping the front station clean and organized.
- Pricing, packaging, and stocking dry goods.
- Making, bottling, and labeling housemade iced teas.
- Setting up in the morning and/or closing up at night under a manager's supervision.
We offer competitive hourly pay, meals, and a staff discount. Email Julie at [email protected] with a current resume and a cover letter describing why you’d like to work with us.