Please note we require all staff to present proof of vaccination or submit a weekly negative COVID test. Masks are required for all staff at this time.
Catering Manager/Prep Cook
This is a daytime position 7:00am-3:00pm Tuesday through Saturday.
We are looking for someone who is:
– Passionate about food and quality ingredients
– enthusiastic, open to instruction, willing to learn, and able to work quickly and efficiently with our cooks in a small, three-person kitchen.
– Able to help customers choose and order from our catering menu.
– Able to coordinate prep and delivery of catering orders.
– Available to work through November, December (we are closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day)
– preparing sandwiches, salads, side dishes and dinner items for take-out
– assembling catering platters
– Taking catering orders on the phone in a friendly and efficient manner
– making prepared foods for our reach-in case and their freezer case
– basic baking (cupcakes, brownies, bars, pies at holiday time)
– competitive pay based on experience
– health and dental insurance (we play half)
– 401K plan
– store discount
– potential for advancement to salaried Catering Manager position
Our store is best known for its fine cheese selection but we also stock a wide range of other delicious foodstuffs, including: charcuterie, prepared foods, coffee, tea, bread, sweets, honey, preserves, wine, beer, olive oil, and vinegars. Our kitchen focuses on utilizing seasonal produce and naturally raised meats from local farms, as well as featuring European specialties, pulling from items in the shop.
Email [email protected] with a current resume and a cover letter telling us why you want to be a part of our team to the email address provided below.
We are looking for a cashier who can work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or two of the three. There is also opportunity for more hours during the weekdays. As a member our team you will be responsible for:
- Accurately ringing up customer orders and bag them.
- Learning about our product selection so as to help answer customer questions.
- Keeping the front station clean and organized.
- Pricing, packaging, and stocking dry goods.
- Making, bottling, and labeling housemade iced teas.
- Setting up in the morning and/or closing up at night under a manager's supervision.
We offer competitive hourly pay, meals, and a staff discount. Email Julie at [email protected] with a current resume and a cover letter describing why you’d like to work with us.