As a member our cheesemonger team you will be asked to:
- Learn our selection of cheeses, meats and dry goods as well as basic cheesemaking techniques, pasteurization laws, and how to store cheeses.
- Help customers choose the best cheeses for their needs by asking them questions, offering samples, and describing our cheeses.
- Accurately cut cheeses and meats to order.
- Care for and neatly wrap our cheeses.
- Package and label products for our reach-in cases.
- Take phone orders including wholesale orders, cheese orders and gift basket orders.
- Be able to work the cash register whenever needed.
- Help package and stock products on the floor of the store.
- Help customers with questions about our dry goods on the floor.
- Learn our beer and wine selections, as well as basic knowledge of the styles and production of both.
- Strive to keep the store clean, sanitary and organized.
We offer competitive hourly pay based on experience, benefits, 401k, meals, and a staff discount. We are looking for someone who can commit through January at minimum.
Applicants must be friendly, enthusiastic about learning and helping customers, and hard working. All counter staff is required to work Saturday or Sunday every week and the majority of shifts available are evening shifts.
Email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume and a cover letter describing why you’d like to work with us.