Full or Part-Time Cheesemonger
As a member our cheesemonger team you will be asked to:
- Learn our selection of cheeses, meats and dry goods as well as basic cheesemaking techniques, pasteurization laws, and how to store cheeses.
- Help customers choose the best cheeses for their needs by asking them questions, offering samples, and describing our cheeses.
- Accurately cut cheeses and meats to order.
- Care for and neatly wrap our cheeses.
- Package and label products for our reach-in cases.
- Take phone orders including wholesale orders, cheese orders and gift basket orders.
- Be able to work the cash register whenever needed.
- Help package and stock products on the floor of the store.
- Help customers with questions about our dry goods on the floor.
- Learn our beer and wine selections, as well as basic knowledge of the styles and production of both.
- Strive to keep the store clean, sanitary and organized.
Weekend Cash Register
We are looking for cash register help on Friday nights and weekends, mainly Sundays. As a cashier at Formaggio you will be expected to:
- Accurately ring up customers at the register.
- Help customers with any questions to the best of your ability, and refer them to other staff with more difficult questions.
- Keep your work station clean and neat.
- Help close the shop by pitching in wherever the rest of the staff needs help.
We offer competitive hourly pay based on experience, meals, and a staff discount. We are looking for someone who can commit through January at minimum.
Applicants must be friendly, enthusiastic about learning and helping customers, and hard working.
Sunday or Sunday/Monday Dishwasher
As a member our team you will be asked to:
- Wash, Dry, and store dishes
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen and bathroom.
- Take out trash, recycling, and compost.
- Sweep and mop floors
- Keep station clean and neat.
Opportunity for advancement to cash register with time and trainig. We offer competitive hourly pay, meals, and a staff discount.
Email Julie at email@example.com with a current resume and a cover letter describing why you’d like to work with us.