Winnimere is a seasonal, unique cow's milk cheese wrapped in spruce bark and washed in brine. As it ages to resembles something close to the Swiss cheese called Vacherin Mont d'Or, but still entirely its own. The aroma announces itself well before you get a chance to taste it - both woodsy and farmy. The texture is rich and smooth and the flavor is milky, fruity, herbal, and savory. Try it with a dark Belgian ale and a hearty baguette for a nourishing winter snack.
This is a seasonal cheese made in limited quantity. This cheese is generally available January - June.
For more information on Jasper Hill Farm, please visit our travelogue
- Country of Origin: United States
- Region: Vermont
- City:Village: Greensboro
- Cheese Style: Washed Rind
- Flavor Profile:
- Type of Milk: Cow
- Milk Treatment: Pasteurized
- Wine Pairing: Dessert Wine, Red: Full-bodied Old World, Sparkling: Dry, White: Full-bodied & Dry, White: Lean & Dry
- Beer Pairing: Belgian Style, Brown Ale, Cider, Porter, Saison, Stout