Vulto Creamery Miranda - 10oz
SKU : 20258000000
This stout little stinker is made by Jos Vulto who runs his small creamery in Walton, New York. This is a washed rind cheese, but is exceptional in that it is washed with absinthe produced by Delaware Phoenix Distillery also in Walton. The absinthe doesn't impart a strong flavor, nor does it turn the cheese green, but the cheese is delicious and the absinthe could very well be an essential part of that. In any case, it is intriguing and cool.
The peach colored rind surrounds an ivory paste with a soft texture that oozes somewhat at the edge. Creamy, savory and lightly salty this is a very approachable washed rind that all can enjoy.
- Country of Origin: United States
- Region: New York
- City:Village: Walton
- Cheese Style: Washed Rind
- Flavor Profile:
- Type of Milk: Cow
- Milk Treatment: Pasteurized
- Wine Pairing: Dessert Wine, Port, Red: Full-bodied New World, Red: Full-bodied Old World, Red: Lean New World, Red: Lean Old World, Rosé: Dry, Sherry, Sparkling: Dry, White: Full-bodied & Dry, White: Lean & Dry, White: Semi-sweet, White: Sweet
- Beer Pairing: Belgian Style, Brown Ale, Cider, Gueuze, IPA, Pale Ale, Porter, Saison, Stout, Wheat Beer
To keep this perishable product at its best, expedited shipping is required.