Époisses de Bourgogne - each
SKU : 20011100000
Époisses de Bourgogne is made in the Burgundian village of Époisses located halfway between Dijon and Auxerre. A classic washed rind cheese made from the milk of the French Simmenthal, Montbeliarde and Brune breed cows. The rind of this soft cow's milk cheese is washed with marc de Bourgogne, or brandy. This lends a burnt saffron color to the rind and contributes to it's pungent aroma. Don't be turned off by this odorous cheese. The interior paste of the cheese is creamy and luxurious with buttery, meaty and complex flavors. Napoleon was a particular fan of Époisses, and the famous epicure Brillat Savarin classed it as the "king of all cheeses".
- Country of Origin: France
- Region: Burgundy
- City:Village: Époisses
- Cheese Style: Washed Rind
- Flavor Profile:
- Type of Milk: Cow
- Milk Treatment: Unpasteurized
- Rennet Type: Animal
- Wine Pairing: Port, Red: Full-bodied New World, Red: Full-bodied Old World, Red: Lean Old World, Rosé: Dry, Sparkling: Dry, White: Full-bodied & Dry, White: Lean & Dry, White: Semi-sweet, White: Sweet
- Beer Pairing: Belgian Style, Porter, Stout
To keep this perishable product at its best, expedited shipping is required.