Summer Vegetable Tajarin
With summer produce coming in peak season soon, I wrote this recipe for a fresh vegetarian pasta dish. I picked this light dish to balance the richness of the eggy Tajarin noodles. This is the ideal dish to eat on your porch with a glass of rosé on a hot day.
1 box Marco Giacosa Tajarin
1 cup frozen corn
1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1.5 cups ricotta
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/3 cup torn basil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Shave zucchini into long strips with a vegetable peeler.
2. Boil 4-6 quarts of well salted water.
3. Add the Tarajin and cook until al dente.
4. In the last minute of cooking time, set aside 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water and then drop the zucchini and corn into the water; stir.
5. Strain and put pasta and vegetables in a large bowl.
6. In a medium bowl combine the ricotta, lemon zest, olive oil, a liberal amount of freshly ground pepper, salt to taste.
7. Combine the ricotta mix, parmesan, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes with the pasta and vegetables.
8. Add back in just enough reserved pasta water until sauce is creamy.
9. Add lemon juice to taste.
10. Top with basil. Can be eaten immediately or served chilled!