8oz Reading cheese, grated
1 cup of a light lager beer
1/4 cup Zia hatch green chile sauce
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Salt and pepper
1. Sauté onion and green bell pepper in butter on medium high heat until softened.
2. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
3. Add spices and hatch green chile sauce and cook until fragrant.
4. Add 1 cup of beer and bring to a simmer.
5. Meanwhile, toss cheese with cornstarch.
6. Turn down heat to medium low and slowly add cheese, whisking to incorporate.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a dollop of guacamole, cilantro, sliced jalapeños and crumbled chorizo.