Rippleton - Meadowood Farms
SKU : 20235300000
This squidgy washed rind cheese is made by Veronica Pedraza of Meadowood Farms - an idyllic farm smack in the middle of New York state. Veronica is a supremely talented cheesemaker with a vast amount of experience - including a stint making cheese for Jasper Hill Farm, where we first met her.
Using only sheep milk, she crafts several wonderful cheeses. Rippleton, however, was her first for Meadowood and we think it's destined to be a classic.
Rippleton has a rich yellow paste and a glorious orange rind. It has an excellent length of flavor with notes of hay, nuts and butter. Definitely give the rind a try - it's delicious too! Pair with a robust ale or a full-bodied white wine.
This seasonal cheese is typically available mid-June through February.
- Country of Origin: United States
- Region: New York
- City:Village: Cazenovia
- Cheese Style: Washed Rind
- Flavor Profile:
- Type of Milk: Sheep
- Milk Treatment: Pasteurized
- Rennet Type: Animal
- Wine Pairing: Dessert Wine, Port, Red: Full-bodied New World, Red: Full-bodied Old World, Red: Lean New World, Red: Lean Old World, Rosé: Dry, Sherry, Sparkling: Dry, White: Full-bodied & Dry, White: Lean & Dry, White: Semi-sweet, White: Sweet
- Beer Pairing: Belgian Style, Brown Ale, Cider, Gueuze, IPA, Pale Ale, Porter, Saison, Stout, Wheat Beer
Meadowood Farms is a 225-acre sheep and cattle farm, perched on a ridge in Madison County, New York. The farm raises Belted Galloway cattle for beef and breeding stock, and East Friesian dairy sheep for lamb and sheep milk products. Veronica Pedraza is the talented cheesemaker behind Meadowood Farm's cheeses. A veteran of Jasper Hill Farms, she has developed several wonderful cheeses at her new base in central New York state. Her first cheese, Rippleton, is a washed rind delight. Rippleton was followed by Ledyard and Lorenzo. We always look forward to a visit from Veronica who is extremely knowledgeable about cheese and all things dairy related - not to mention great fun to laugh with over a few wedges of cheese and a brew or two!
To keep this perishable product at its best, expedited shipping is required.