Made by James Montgomery and Steve Bridges at Manor Farm in Somerset, England, using raw cow's milk and traditional animal rennet. This is one of the most loved traditionally made cloth-bound farmhouse cheddars that we offer.
Monty's has rich, long-lasting flavors that can be sharp and fruity, but also deep and earthy. The long finish has an enjoyable citrus tang. It has a drier texture than Keen's Cheddar, and can develop a slightly crystalline texture when the cheese is aged over 14 months.
Try it on a piece of crusty baguette with some good mustard and a hard English cider.
- Country of Origin: England
- Region: Somerset
- City:Village: Wincanton
- Cheese Style: Hard
- Flavor Profile: Medium-strong, Strong
- Type of Milk: Cow
- Milk Treatment: Unpasteurized
- Rennet Type: Animal
- Wine Pairing: Dessert Wine, Port, Red: Full-bodied New World, Red: Full-bodied Old World, Red: Lean Old World, Rosé: Dry, Sparkling: Dry, White: Full-bodied & Dry, White: Lean & Dry, White: Semi-sweet, White: Sweet
- Beer Pairing: Belgian Style, Brown Ale, Cider, Porter, Saison, Stout