Cheese Knives and Cutlery
While dining in Verona at I 12 Apostoli, we fell in love with the tableware and had to track it down. It turned out to be hand made by the craftsmen of the Saladini family in Scarperia just north of Florence. This cutlery is some of the most beautiful you will find anywhere and while we have a small selection of their knives available online, we have access to their entire catalog of products. If there is a particular knife that you know of and you don't see it here, just send us an Email and we will let you know when we can get it for you.
Scarperia is an ancient medeival village built by the Florentine Republic in the 14th century. It is known as "the town of knives" and justifiably so as the art of manufacturing fine knives has been ongoing since the village was first settled. Their knives use the highest quality stainless steel and natural materials such as ox horn, water buffalo horn and Tuscan olive wood for their handles.
If cared for properly, these knives will give years of pleasure. For best results, please hand wash only and dry shortly after washing.
- Saladini Mezzaluna - Buffalo Horn$213.95
- Saladini Mezzaluna - Olive Wood$179.95
- Saladini Mezzaluna - Ox Horn Handle$213.95
- Table Forks, 6 pc - Buffalo Horn$365.00
- Table Knives sharp point, 6 pc - Buffalo Horn$415.95
- Table Spoons, 6 pc - Buffalo Horn$365.00
- Teaspoons, 6 pc - Buffalo Horn$365.00
- Teaspoons, 6 pc - Ox Horn$365.00
- Tre Pianelle Knife - Ox Horn$189.95
- Tre Pianelle Knife- Buffalo Horn$189.95