Brebis du Haut-Bearn
SKU : 20313600000
Shepherds of the Haut-Bearn region of Southern France still practice transhumance, "transfer of livestock from one grazing ground to another, as from lowlands to highlands, with the changing of seasons". In the warmer weather, they bring their herds of sheep up into the Pyrenees mountains so they may graze on the delicate grasses and wild flowers which will in turn contribute to the flavor profile of the resulting cheese.This classic French brebis comes from a cooperative in the region supplied by these shepherds. It is aged seven months and offers a firm texture with flavors of herbs and hay and a little zip on the finish.
- Country of Origin: France
- Region: Pyrénées-Atlantiques
- Flavor Profile:
- Type of Milk: Sheep
- Milk Treatment: Unpasteurized
- Rennet Type: Animal
- Wine Pairing: Dessert Wine, Port, Red: Full-bodied New World, Red: Full-bodied Old World, Red: Lean New World, Red: Lean Old World, Rosé: Dry, Sherry, Sparkling: Dry, White: Full-bodied & Dry, White: Lean & Dry, White: Semi-sweet, White: Sweet
- Beer Pairing: Belgian Style, Brown Ale, Cider, Gueuze, IPA, Porter, Saison, Stout, Wheat Beer
To keep this perishable product at its best, expedited shipping is required.