Formaggio Kitchen Cheese FonduePrint this Page
This is the fondue that has gotten us through countless New England winters. You can modify the types of cheese as you wish.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb Blend of Comte, Vacherin Fribourgois and Emmental Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 6 tbsp Eau-de-vie of your choice
- 2 tsp Flour
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Heat the wine and garlic in a heavy saucepan (earthenware or enamled cast iron) over medium heat.
- When the wine is hot, remove the garlic. Add cheese, white pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir over medium heat until the cheese melts.
- Make a slurry with the flour and brandy (or a bit of white wine) while gently heating it.
- Add the slurry to the cheese mixture. Boil gently, stirring for a few minutes.
- Transfer saucepan to a candle warmer or fondue stand. Serve with cubes of good crusty or even slightly stale bread.