We are in the business of selling fine foods, particularly cheese, and because we value and respect the people who make it possible for us to be in this business, we guard this relationship carefully. The following paragraphs describe our privacy policies regarding the personal information you provide to us as well as information we collect about how our visitors use our site.
Formaggio Kitchen Online offers two shopping options that allow you to choose how much information you wish to share with us for your shopping convenience.
- Guest Shopper – Only the record of your transaction is stored for customer service purposes. Your personal information is not stored on our servers so each time you shop with us, you will be asked for your shipping, billing and credit card information.
- Registered Shopper – We store your billing address and shipping address information on our secure server for your convenience. Your Bill-To and Ship-To information is pre-populated in the appropriate areas in our checkout procedure to make things easier for you. As a benefit for registered shoppers, we also maintain records of your purchase history, wish list, reviews and other interactions you have on our website.
We believe that your email address is private information. We do not rent or sell your email address to anyone. Here are the types of emails we may send to you:
- Order-related emails. If you make a purchase from us, we will send you emails directly related to your order. For example, we will send you an email with a tracking number for your shipment.
- If you visit our site and take some sort of action such as adding an item to your shopping cart, downloading a document or placing an order we may send an email following up on that action. For example, if you add something to your cart without checking out, we may send you an email reminding you of the items in your shopping cart.
- Subscription-based marketing emails. If you subscribed to our emails, we will periodically send you emails to let you know about specific products or experiences we think you might be interested in. We do our best to send relevant content based on your expressed areas of interest when you subscribed to our emails. In addition to your expressed interests, we may send you emails based on your purchase behaviour, geographic location or other basic data that helps us provide relevant information.
You may opt out at any time from any or ALL emails in bullets 2 and 3 by going to your account settings or by opting out in an individual email. The emails in bullet 1 are required for order confirmation.
All orders on our site are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – one of the most prevalent and secure systems available online. SSL is an extremely complex form of cryptography that makes it virtually impossible for a third party to decrypt any personal information you provide.
We use computer “cookies” to assist us in identifying our valued returning customers and tracking items placed in their shopping carts. We store an identification number in your cookie that is only significant to Formaggio Kitchen. No personal information is stored in your cookie. If you attempt to shop and have cookies disabled, we will not be able to remember items you have placed in your shopping cart.
If you provide physical mailing addresses to us, we may send mail via the US Postal Service to these addresses. From time to time, we may exchange our customer mailing list with other reputable mail order companies. If you do not wish to receive USPS mailings from other companies, please send your request via email to Customer Service.